The days of Annual Performance Reviews are over. Today people need and expect an ongoing dialogue with their managers to help them understand and build on their strengths, identify their weaknesses, and continuously improve their performance.
Leaders must be effective day-to-day coaches and take advantage of every opportunity to provide feedback and development for everyone on their team. To be truly effective coaches they need to create a safe place for learning, emphasize the importance of self-reflection and self-awareness, reinforce positive behaviors, identify weaknesses, and provide alternatives for growth – all while giving clear, direct, respectful and honest future-oriented feedback. It’s no small task, but that is what changes a manager into a leader.
The Arena Concept
One of the cores to GPG’s training success is our unique ‘Arena’ training concept. Both leaders and their teams need to move out of their safe and familiar comfort zones and operate in the Arena where they are truly engaged and effective. Leaders and their teams who use our tried and tested formula are guaranteed to demonstrate more engagement within the organization. This method is available with all of our training materials.
- Understand the role of a coach, the challenges typically faced by coaches, and the feedback model that enables coaches to identify and promote continued growth and improvement.
- Leverage the inevitable tension and pressure inherent in every coaching situation, especially when dealing with challenging employees.
- Ask insightful, thought-provoking questions that expand thinking and place responsibility for change where it belongs, while at the same time listening to understand.
Navigating The Arena
Tension occurs in any conversation during which people’s performance is challenged.
Too often managers avoid the tension by providing little or ineffectual feedback or move into ‘tell’ mode which puts others on the defensive and harms morale. The Coaching for Performance Arena leverages a proven Coaching Model, SCORE, to:
- Engage employees in the coaching process and share feedback with honesty and respect.
- Listen to understand and acknowledge, not just respond.
- Frame feedback around desired outcomes.
- Open conversations and prioritize underlying needs.
- Agree on tangible actions and next steps.
The result is higher levels of engagement, commitment instead of compliance, and the agreement on a clear path for success.
Free to Share Our IP
GPG’s IP can be openly shared across your organization – in fact, we encourage it. Our business model is not about paying for IP licenses but rather about getting your people to use and apply the new skills to their real-world clients. This allows your entire organization to understand our methodology, support the thinking, create innovation within their units and develop new ideas for helping and renewing client contracts.
Successfully Implemented Programmes
We have successfully partnered with GPG to deploy their behaviour change approach to our entire sales organisation globally. GPG´s approach to 100% real account/opportunity focus and application drove great results & was very well received
Group SVP Learning & Development